Saturday, June 26, 2010

Temple

This week was great! We had a lot of great lessons and had 4 investigators at church; its the best! We got a surprise contact by contacting at the metro in the morning. We invited him to church, got him a ride and he came! I love when people follow through!! We have a lot of people cancel or aren't home when we planned, so its a battle. When one pulls through, its such a tender mercy!

This week we also went on exchanges with some sisters that live close by. One was sick, so I went out with Sister Aulava to check on some people in her area. It was nice to see a different place. Her area is a lot smaller than mine, but it didn't matter. There were so many new faces and we actually saw the elders they share the area with. It was nice to visit with her. She has only been out 2 transfers more than me, so we were able to relate to how much we have learned, how much we still have to learn, but also how happy and new it all is.

Fathers day was the best; I got finally go to the temple! It really was the best way to remember my dad. He grew up watching the DC temple being built and later working security there. I grew up hearing all about the temple, how beautiful it was, and how my dad had painted the lines in the visitor's center parking lot for his eagle scout project. So everything I saw I was oohing and ahhing. It was the perfect night too. The sunset was gorgeous with orange, and pinks and purples.

I can't write this week without mentioning how today is a special day of remembrance of a dear friend. I can't believe it has been a year. As a member of the church I grew up understanding the plan of salvation, at least I thought I did. It wasn't until I taught it as a missionary that I realized the real joy and happiness that can come from it. Watching someone realize that there is a better way, that there is something different, a more loving plan, and a way to see loved ones again is incredible. Seeing it in their eyes has made me so grateful for the plan he has given us and how much he really loves each of us.

Love Sister Garbrick

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

sister garbrick | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates