Saturday, June 26, 2010

My First Transfer

Well my first transfer is complete and it was amazing. I did everything I wanted and served and met people that I love and will never forget. But lucky for me, nothing has to change. My companion and I are staying together. It will be her last transfer and were going to help finish her mission strong. I love our area and our ward. We are central to everything.

In fact, we spent our p-day in D.C. and it was so fun. I love the monuments! We met 3 LDS families from Utah. I love when people say hi, especially here because there aren't very many members. I love being a representative of the Church. We rode the metro in (another thing I love; every city should have a metro. You met all sorts of people).

Anyway, the final week of transfer was amazing. Me and Sister Le Sueur set high goals. We reached them and experience tons of miracles. It was an act of faith. We told ourselves it would happen and it did. There were several times we were lead by the Spirit to be where we needed to be in order to meet the people who we needed to meet.

The most amazing experience was with Mannie. We were contacting at the King St. metro for about a half an hour. We were ready to head back home when we decided to give this last young adult a card. He stopped us and asked if we could talk. It was starting to get dark, but both me and Sister Le Sueur both felt prompted to stop. He wanted to talk in private, so we walked to a place where it was quieter to talk. Mannie had just gotten out of the hospital and was really down on life. He proceeded to tell us how much he hated his life and he just wanted it end and wanted to know how we could help him. We proceeded to teach him about the Atonement and told we could help him know his Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. We explained that we were representatives of Christ and that we were there for him if he would trust us. By the time we left he was talking about going straight to a detox center instead of his other plans which probably would have been so much worst. He has called us ever since and we dropped of a Book of Mormon for him, which he has been reading non stop. Its fantastic we have so much hope in him. We call him my greenie miracle. We are going to be able to witness the change in his life.

I love missions and I love the Atonement. It just doesn't get better than this!! I am so happy. The Church is true and the book is blue!!

Sister Garbrick



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

sister garbrick | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates