Saturday, June 26, 2010

HOT HOT HOT!

June has come and it is hotter than ever and the humidity is insane. But I don't mind it, it's pretty strange and sticky but I'm getting use to it. The one thing I'm not getting used to are the summer lightning and thunder storms that come out of nowhere. We got caught in two of these down pours yesterday. We have forgotten our umbrellas a lot, so we have decided to just leave them in the car because you never know when the rain is coming. Unfortunately for me, I always have to help back up the car and get the wettest, but its fun. It's what missionary work is about, rain or shine:) I love it.

Memorial day was the greatest, especially here where people are so patriotic. It really makes me grateful for this country, how it was created and how it prepared a way for Joseph Smith to restore the gospel. We also got to go with our ward to the Reagan Airport and cheer on the veterans that were coming to celebrate memorial weekend. They were the greatest, sweetest old men and women. Some were so jovial and other were tearing up with gratitude. It was quite a shindig with balloons, a live band and a dressed up fifties girls.

The work has been fantastic. We are teaching so much and there are so many people here. I have yet to talk to the same person twice, but it is great. I love it. We have had a bunch of member referrals and we have taught two already. We are teaching a Methodist minister from Korea named Song. He is really sensitive to the Spirit and has great concept of prophets and a need for them. I can't wait to see the difference the Book of Mormon will have in his life. Stephanie is another member refferal. She is great too; she has such an understanding of the Bible and the Atonement. She has alot of questions, but it's great because you know she is really trying to understand. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and barely got through the premortal life before our time was up! The lessons are so in depth and Spirit filled. I love the Spirit! It's the only way and the best way to learn. Well I love you all. Have a great week and happy Memorial Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

sister garbrick | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates