Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm LEAVING!

So its my last p-day and I'm so happy. Unfortunately though, I am the lone wolf in my action. My whole district has left but me. But I don't care, at least I get one last day to write letter, do laundry, and go to the temple and have a devotional. I told my district it's going to be an apostle and they will all have wished they would have stayed with me and not abandon me. Haha! No it's really okay.

Well this past week has been on fire in practicing my teaching and becoming better. We had a day of marathon teaching: We taught three 45 minute lessons in a row. I committed 2 baptism. Of course here everyone is willing to get baptized, but it still feels great. I also got to got to got to the referral center for the last time in English, unfortunately the church has stopped their advertisements on tv, and there aren't enough people to contact throughout the day so they are closing it. But on my last day I testified to 4 people of the truthfulness of the gospel and sent a dvd of the restoration to a lady in the south. I didn't have a clue what she was saying, but she was happy so I kept talking. I don't know if that is considered the gift tongues, but I was grateful for the opportunity. The missionaries are going to deliver the movie, so hopefully something great comes from it.

Oh yeah! New missionaries came in and I found Sister Holland from back home immediately. It was great. We had lunch and dinner together. I also tracked down were she lived and brought her Martenille's to celebrate. I love having someone I know. Also, the Elder from my mission prep class came who is going to Austin's mission. Luck have it, his classroom was right next to me. I got to be an investigator for him for one of his classes. Good times. I love playing the investigators because it helps you realize how you need to be speaking as a missionary and how to really understand their needs.

Oh speaking of packages, I loved them! I got all of them and I got everyone's dear elder letters; they are great!!! Thank you so much! My sisters in my district loved celebrating with the candy and Martenille's. I have pictures I'll be sending shortly:) I just don't have enough time in the MTC. I have loved my MTC time, but I am so anxious to just get teaching. I may not be perfect, or have it down by any means, but the Lord will make me able. I know that.

So Sunday we had a neat experience. The MTC President came to our sacrament meeting because our second counselor was being released. He got to hear our district sing our goodbye song which was "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go." We did okay... the elders were a bit mono tone, but the Spirit was there. I got to shake his hand and he told me jokingly, after i told him i was going to DC, to "Cry repentance now!!!" Haha! I made sad face because I thought he meant me, but than he corrected himself and said, "To the people." We had a good laugh. Well, time is up. But I love every so much!!!! The support has been so nice and I am so blessed. Now I am so ready to serve... let the people of Virginia know I am on my way!!!

Love Sister Garbrick

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

sister garbrick | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates